Albuquerque, New Mexico: Cultures and Community
Dates and Information
July 10-15: 35 spots currently available
July 17-22: 35 spots currently available
Weeks begin on Sunday evenings at 6:00 pm and conclude on Friday mornings at 9:30 am.
Albuquerque is a historic city with rich cultural diversity; and yet, the poverty rate in New Mexico is almost 20%. The number of children experiencing poverty in New Mexico is one of the highest in the nation. The population of people experiencing homelessness has grown in recent years as migrants move to Albuquerque from the north and the south. Additionally, indigenous communities in New Mexico experienced high rates of Covid-19.
Cultures and Community weeks are centered around a justice-focused biblical curriculum. Groups participating in Albuquerque Cultures and Community weeks will learn will about the diverse communities within Albuquerque and New Mexico and have the opportunity to visit one of the 19 indigenous Pueblo communities in the area. The week will be a balance between working with local ministries/social service organziations and educational experiences. Groups will learn about community organizing and will have the opportunity to plan how they might serve and work for economic justice in their own communities.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Cost is $385 per participant and includes:
- All meals, Monday morning through Friday morning. (Heavy snack served on Sunday evening.)
- Lodging/showers in a local church
- A dedicated Site-Coordinator and two extensively-trained young adult staff to facilitate your week.
- Fully planned service and educational experiences.
- Honorariums for speakers, costs for activities, entrance fees, donations to service partners.
- A t-shirt and a lunch bag for each participant.
- Printed discussion guides for small groups.
- Online consultation with Reach Beyond Mission planning staff in the spring.
- Online training for your adult leaders two weeks prior to your trip.
Note that your group is responsible for transportation during the week.
Reach Beyond Mission is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt nonprofit, funded by participant fees, grants, and donations.